Love is in the City Air! Valentine’s Day is on the horizon, and the question that everyone always asks us – what to do with kids? No worries- New York City has a plethora of lovely activities for the family. Grab you little sweethearts and embark on this fun Valentine’s Day family itinerary – all right here in the heart of America’s loveliest city.
NYC Valentines Day Family Itinerary
Stop 1: Window to the Heart – Valentine’s Day Art Installation in Times Square
- Kid Tips: Visit early or (very) late night, when crowds are tolerable and when the view of the installation is enjoyable.
- Window to the Heart. Center of Father Duffy Square, near to Broadway between 46th and 47th street. The installation will be on display February 1st through February 28th.
Stop 2: Melt their Hearts
They say that the fastest way to someones heart is through their stomach and the perfect place to test this notion is at the famous Amorino Gelato in the Theater District. Whats the scoop? Amorino Gelato allows customers to create there own custom gelato treat by combining favorite flavors into a (beautiful!) floral food-art creation. The beautiful rose shape that will surely melt the hearts of any valentine this season.
- Kid Tips: Request the Gelato Bambino, a smaller size reserved for pint sized guests
- Getting There: Amorino Gelato is located in the heart of the theater district – One block over and two blocks south from Times Square (and the Window to the Heart Installation).
- Amorino Gelato. 721 8th Avenue (between 44th and 45th Street) New York, NY. More information HERE.
Stop 3: Sealed with a (Hershey’s) Kiss – Hershey’s Times Square
Times Square has become a little bit sweeter with a new (and expanded!) Hershey’s World Experience. During your visit make sure you reveal your true feelings with “SAY IT WITH A KISS” and display a unique digital message for the world to see. (Read our full Hershey’s Experience HERE!)
- Kid Tips: Be sure to check out the smore’s experience during your visit, which includes a giant camper located at the back of the store where you can buy a fresh, gooey s’mores
- Getting There: Hershey’s has a sweet location – right in the heart of Times Square, and only a few blocks from Amorino Gelato
- Hershey’s Times Square. 20 Times Square Building (also known as 701 7th Avenue, at 47th Street ) New York, NY. More Information HERE
Stop 4: Love Sign
There is no better way to proclaim your fondness of each other then by standing in front of the giant LOVE sculpture in Midtown. Robert Indiana’s iconic art piece is world famous, and a kiss or hug in front of it is a prerequisite for the holiday. A perfect family photo opp, and a must stop on your Valentines Day family itinerary.
- Getting There: The LOVE Sculpture is 8 blocks away from the Hershey Store. Simply walk North!
- Love Sculpture. Northwest corner of 55th Street and 6th Avenue..
Hug in a Mug – Max Brenner
Tubular lines pump chocolate through the restaurant’s ceilings and into chocolate lover’s hearts at Max Brenner’s in Union Square. Part restaurant, chocolate factory, and dessert palace of dreams – the chocolate culture mecca is a must see. Perfect for Valentine’s Day – the ergonomically shaped (and appropriately named!) Hug Mug comes filled with hot chocolate and is a fitting treat for kids. If a hug isn’t enough – kids will love the chocolate shot, a large syringe with liquid chocolate goodness that they can inject directly into their mouths. With so many sweet options, kids will be sure to enjoy it to the Max.
- Kid Tips: The restaurant becomes very busy – be sure to make reservations in advance. Another option – the restaurant is also open for breakfast, a perfect sugary way to start your day.
- Getting There: Hop on the N/Q/R/W Train going downtown at the 57th street station, to Union Square 14th Street which is super close Max Brenner’s, and you’ll be enjoying a sweet chocolate treat in no time
- Max Brenner. 841 Broadway (at 13th Street), New York, NY. More information HERE